A Tiffany miniature favrile glass bowl in Fabergé silver-gilt mount modelled by J.V. Aarne, Russia, 1896-1908.

Bowl of colourless glass with a blue-gold iridescent layer and four-lobed base, fixed in a silver-gilt mount shaped as entwined Ginkgo branches.
height 4cm, diameter 5cm.

Tiffany & Co was also active in Russia. In 1883 the firm was appointed official supplier to the Grossfürsten Paul, Sergej & Alexej Alexandrowitsch, the brother of Zsar Alexander III. Very few vases by Tiffany with Fabergé mounts are known.

 photo © Cor Kwant